Because you want cool and unusual pieces – and my favorite thing to do is find them.
Frequently Asked Questions
What types of things do you find?
Jobs range from searching for one special thing (or item) – a vintage blackboard with just the right patina for your office or a storied old church pew for your entry hall – to large scale projects where we source multiple items for your home or project.
“Unique” sounds expensive…
Surprisingly, unique antiques and hand crafted pieces are not necessarily more expensive and are often far better constructed.
How do you work with clients?
- Step 1: Review client wish list, design objectives, preferences and budget
- Step 2: Review “Finder’s Kit” including images and descriptions of items
- Step 3: Should a client proceed with a purchase, Design Marchand typically charges a 20% finder’s fee on actual purchases with no obligation to buy. If we don’t find what you are looking for, we keep on searching!
What if I don’t know exactly what I want?
This is fine too. Because how would you ever know you were looking for a wall of vintage hardware store bins until you actually came across them? Here is where we play the hot and cold game. With a general idea of needs and aesthetic I can start feeding you ideas and see where we end up.
What type of clients do you work with?
All kinds – including personal clients looking for one or two items to commercial clients (artists, designers, stylists, photographers)
What additional services are available?
- Price negotiation (included)
- Shipping coordination (included domestically, actual shipping fees apply)
- Furniture design (added service)
- Furniture refinishing (added service)
- Travel for meetings and review (added service)
How long have you been “finding” things?
Coming up on 20 years!
I’m ready to get started!
Let’s get going with the Contact Form.